Thank you for joining me this afternoon for our discussion! And again, thanks so much to Matt Cochenour and Danielle Della Pella for setting this up.
If you missed the webinar or would like to review it, please click the link here for the full recording.
I have attached a number of resources/tools to use that were discussed today. The extracurricular activity template, writing your activities in 150-character form, power verbs sheet, student self-reflection form for teachers, and a self-reflection form example response.
The next Downstate Volleyball exclusive webinar, The Common Application Essay and the “Why This College” Supplemental essay. Date TBD (probably in April).
I also have another webinar this Tuesday, February 9 at 8:00 pm. (It is not a Downstate Volleyball exclusive, but please do join if you can.)
If you are ever interested in 1-1 support, I can help with:
- College research
- Balancing the college list
- College essay and supplemental essays
- Extracurricular Activity Profile
- Self-Reflection forms for recommendation letters
- The college application(s), e.g. The Common Application
- … And more as designed by us.Just shoot me an email with any questions about my practice or how my 1-1 counseling services works.
Lastly, for juniors:
College Starter Virtual Academy. (See flyer attached as well.) Current juniors can begin applying to colleges on August 1, approximately six months from now. College Starter’s Virtual Academy is for students in the class of 2022 and is tailor-made for them to get a huge jump on their college applications before the summer ends.
Our five-evening virtual academy is a live, online, instructor-led program for current high school juniors. Every class is recorded, and families will receive a link to review the class after each one.
- We’ll walk you step-by-step through the entire admissions and application process.
- We’ll teach you how to write a killer college essay.
- You’ll craft an extracurricular activity profile and learn how to properly showcase your accomplishments on your applications.
- We’ll help you fine-tune your college list.
- We’ll help you complete the Common Application.See full syllabus here.
The academy will run in June, July, and August. Click here for registration details.
Okay, thanks again!
Founder / Teacher / Counselor